Monday, July 6, 2009

Say hello to an old friend.


Click the picture make super robot sized.
I've only had the pleasure of playing Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters twice. Once at the Land of Oz at my local mall when I was but a wee lad and the second time as a Mame program on a friends computer. Both times...I failed pretty badly. There is something about the control scheme that I just cannot get the hang of.
However this is by no means a reason to exclude the game on my blog, I dedicate this particular entry to the Lightbulb Detective Agency! Many thanks go out to their agents in the field, who were kind enough to bring me a walrus back from their latest adventures...though the walrus ended up stealing my Sleepwalker comic collection.

1 comment:

Dax said...

Yeah, the game took a while to get used to, mainly I think because of the "3D" three-quarters view on the screen all times. It was quite a change from the average side-scroller or above-view arcade game of that era.