Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Red Robin round 2!



Well, the young woman spoke true about Red Robin not shutting off their arcade machines for upon checking my score on Dig-Dug it was still standing. This time I took a little more time to peruse the offerings of the 'Happy Hour!' arcade machine.

Amidar, Space Invaders, Galaxian (Which I just learned this week is actually not a sequel to Galaga, it's the predecessor.), Pengo, and Burger Time were welcome sights.

After spending a dollar, I claimed the high-score for Mappy, second place for Burger Time...missed the mark by about 500 points, third place on Pengo, and second place behind my own score on Dig-Dug.

Plus I had a wonderful Gingerbread shake. Not a too shabby end to my work day.

4 comments:

Dax said...

Pengo? THAT'S ALL YOU HAD TO SAY.

Vic Sage said...

Pengo.

Stewed Hamm said...

I bet the high score on Pengo is pretty easy to top, what with nobody on Earth being interested in playing it, except you two freaks.

On the other hand, I haven't played an honest to God game of Burgertime on an arcade machine since I was 10 or 12. I'll make a point of dropping in a quarter or two if I'm not stuffed senseless from the bottomless fries.

Vic Sage said...

I tell you, Hamm. When you hit the third stage of Burgertime...good luck! My palms were sweating trying to get away from that dang pickle.