Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some of my favorite box art.







That first pic is of course not from an Atari 2600 game but the arcade cabinet monitor art for Berzerk from Jim Steranko...in fact I guess it could almost be Nick Fury himself blasting robots. Missile Command was the second game I owned, I received it and Adventure on Christmas Eve back when I was still knee high to a La-Z-Boy. I believe they made a storybook record concerning Missile Command...which is odd...for does it not deal with the destruction of the human race?

3 comments:

Parson Roscoe said...

BERZERK! ahh...a classic...

Vic Sage said...

It's sequel Frenzy never really caught on...though this one had another Atari Force comic book! Which I might be one of the only people with an almost full collection...that is sad.

Dax said...

Whoa...I'm pretty sure that IS Nick Fury...that pose, and costume, looks like something I've seen in a Steranko SHIELD issue...at least, it's very, very familiar.