Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Flyers...Tron Edition.




Kevin Flynn: Look, just so I can tell my friends what this dream is about, okay, where am I?
Ram: You're a... guest of the Master Control Program.
Kevin Flynn: Oh, great.
Ram: They're going to make you play video games.
Kevin Flynn: No sweat. I play video games better than anybody.

Well, yesterday was a pretty great day for all of us Tron fans. The Flynn Lives countdown reached zero and unlocked a new puzzle, a new achievement to crow about once it was solved, and then we had the new trailer to scour for information frame by frame.

Speaking of the trailer from yesterday's post, make sure to check out the 17 second mark for a confirmation of how loyal Joseph Kosinski is being to the first movie. Just in case you can't watch it, I'll tell you, it is Flynn's handheld game that he was playing while explaining to Alan and Lora what he was doing hacking into the Encom mainframe. When Sam is in the secret room at Flynn's we see a notebook drawing/sketch of the Tron arcade game. Also Sam after being digitized says almost the exact same thing his father did when he arrived in the digital world.

So about today's post. I've never had the fortune to play a sit-down version of Discs of Tron, when I was a young man our local University had an upright cabinet in the community hall that I would constantly plug quarters into while waiting for a good friend to get off of work. I really love Discs of Tron but I still hold the original Tron game in higher esteem.

Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Andrew Sisters & Bing Crosby

No comments: