Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Supercade!




I believe I awoke everyone in the barracks here at the Victory Pellet Vault this morning when I saw these pics over on Retrothing.com as it is another example of a home arcade system's existence that I knew nothing of.

It appears to have been released in 1981 or 1982 per the information by Retrothing and only around 50,000 ever produced.

"The electromechanical screen is a 150 x 40 grid of red LEDs created using a spinning mirror that casts a flickering, wobbly image at only 15 frames per second. The games included surprisingly enjoyable ports of Defender, Super Cobra, Space Force and Turtles."

Those are also the only titles ever released for the system, thanks to Retrothing for the pics and this video!

I am amazed at the sound and action on the screen, when watching try to keep in mind those little hand held electronic games that were such a hit back then...this is more advanced by leaps and bounds.

No comments: