Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Flyers...Movie Pinball Edition!






Click the pics to Embiggen!

As you can tell from the title, this posting for Friday Flyers deals with a few of the motion pictures that have lent their names to pinball tables.

Robocop was released in 1990 by Data East Pinball. I've played this once or twice and both times if I remember correctly it was during an art class school trip. I recall it having digitized speech from the film as well as Robocop on the main playfield with his visor glowing red. Not sure what that was about, I can't recall if it meant some feature was in play during the game.

Maverick was released in 1994 and is of course based on the Richard Donner motion picture adaptation, though I say it is a sequel to the classic television series. I've not had the pleasure of playing this table but I have to say I'm very impressed by the Lauren Belle's River Boat. I'm not much of a fan of country music but I do admit I enjoyed Clint Black's song "A Good Run of Bad Luck" from the movie so I can imagine how fun it must have been to hear that while playing the table.

Back to the Future also debuted in 1990 and if you look at the backglass, zoom in if you can, you'll see that Marty doesn't look anything like Michael J. Fox. He apparently refused to have his likeness anywhere on the pinball machine so Paul Faris, the artist on the table, used his son as a stand-in for Fox. The table allowed you to travel through all three movies with the music changing for each every time you got a ball lock, if I remember correctly.

As always a very big thank you to Arcade Flyer Archive for the pics posted above!


Doubleback - ZZ Top

No comments: