Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Box Art Wednesday.




Click the pics to Embiggen!
Loyal reader, Richard, called me out a few weeks back by saying I had never posted the promised cover to the excellent Herzog Zwei Sega Genesis game. So today's post is for you, sir. Sorry that I forgot to post something...I made mention of almost a year ago. Ha, ha.

I'm not sure about the rest of you gamers who read my ramblings but I can honestly say that I've spent far too many hours of my young life in playing Jungle Strike. That game was video crack to me for some reason...I kind of remember the rest of my friends playing it a little too much as well. That could be my faulty memory banks though acting up again.

I never had the chance to play the Faery Tale Adventure for the Genesis but after doing some research it sounds like I would have enjoyed it. In the game you take on the quest of three brothers who must find a magical talisman and bring it back to their village of Tambry. You would start off playing as the oldest brother, Julian, if you failed in your quest it fell to Phillip to shoulder the burden and if he also failed it all came down to the youngest brother, Kevin. Each of the three brothers had their own strength and weaknesses in the game. Julian was a great fighter, Phillip had luck, and Kevin possessed kindness. The NPC's of the title would also treat you differently depending on your moral choices throughout the game. Sounds like a pretty nifty RPG game back in the day.

If I Didn't Care - The Inkspots (Get Low Motion Picture Soundtrack)

2 comments:

Stewed Hamm said...

I was still suffernig flashbacks from the many untold hours I logged in Desert Strike to even think about cracking open Jungle Strike. All I know is that I handled the Desert - some other hard-ass is just going to have to handle the rest of the ecosystems.

Vic Sage said...

Perhaps it was Dax that signed up for jungle duty?