Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Flyers.













Click the pics to make 1994 sized!
I've only seen one of these arcade games pictured above, Eagle Shot Golf (The golf game where you can hit a ball so hard that an eagle shoots out of it!), but I cannot decide which game I would have wanted to play more...Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge or the China exclusive arcade title Deadly Sport.

What to know about Fighter's History? Well, Data East had itself a chart topper in Japan when it was released and became so popular that another company known as Capcom realized the fighting system was a little too familiar to their own Street Fighter series. A lawsuit gauntlet was thrown down but the Judge determined that the 'copied' elements were scenes a faire and Capcom lost, Data East also cited that their classic Karate Champ was responsible for the fighting game genre to begin with.
Now doing a little more research tells me that Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge was the second offering for the franchise and for some reason Karnov is the bad guy of the game...how could my beloved Karnov from the NES have gone to the dark side? I just do not know the answers to that, my friends.
Deadly Sport was released only in China and by the looks of it was a digitized fighting game in the vein of Mortal Kombat. But it sure looks awesome! Just how could you pick one person as favorite from that flyer...you have a viking...a guy in a shirt and tie with a shoulder holster that appears to be a robot...a vampire as the main bad guy possibly...and is that woman really a woman? I can find nothing on this title beyond a mention on a message board for a MAME request.
Eagle Shot Golf was a staple in at least three gas stations in my neck of the woods. I just included it in today's post because I loved that picture of a very, very angry Eagle. We here at the Victory Pellet Vault are easily amused.
Exploration - Bruno Coulais (Coraline Motion Picture Soundtrack)

No comments: